Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Upcoming Race!


This interview was conducted between Gabrielle St. Angelo and Daniel Orr. With his hectic schedule, it's a great way for his fans to catch up with him.

Q. I know that the end of the season is coming up, how many races do you have left?
A. " I have 4 races for sure. My team and I at Daniel Orr Racing are working on a few more."

Q. When is the end of the season?
A. "The last race in the Koni is October 2nd-4th. It's going to be a good one. A 6 hour race at VIR."

Q. In how many classes?
A. " As of now I will be in 2 different classes in 2 different series".

Q.What's your next race?
A. " My next race is Mid Ohio in my first World Challenge Series. I'm excited for that."

Q. Do you get nervous before qualifying?
A. " I think we all do". It's what keeps the edge on.

Q. What do you do to prepare before your race?
A. " The night before I eat as much pasta and drink as much water as I can. The day of the race I try to stay loose. About an hour before I go off myself with my ipod and go over the track in my mind, corner by corner. It helps me to listen to music to almost get a rhythm to the track. So when I'm in the car I can play that in my head and hit smooth lines on the track".

Q. Any superstitions?
A. " I always call my mom 10 minutes before I get in the car to tell her I love her".

Q. What do you in between qualifying and the actual race itself?
A. " It depends. Some races they are both in the same day. So less time to loosen up then get mentally prepared. When qualifying is the day before I just relax and watch other races".

Q. How do you celebrate after a race?
A. " I don't really do to much. Just happy that I finished and it was a clean race".

Q. How much downtime do you have between races?
A. " Normally about 2 weeks, but since I'm trying to run in 2 series about a week.

Q. What do you enjoy doing after the season is over?
A. "I take the first month to see family. The next month and a half I travel to places that I have always wanted to see. Then when I get back I have about a month and a half left to get more sponsors as we get closer to the start of the season in January".
Q. When does the following season begin?
A. " The season for most of us starts in the middle to the later part of January".

Thank you Daniel for letting us know about your next race. You can also follow Daniel Orr Racing on Twitter, http://twitter.com/OrrRacing and on his facebook page, Daniel Orr Racing! Check him out! Til next time race fans..